Program Educational Objectives
The Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) Program aims to produce graduates who:
- are adept in the prevention, diagnosis, identification and management of oral needs and diseases of the individual and the community.
- can pursue a general dental practice after passing the Dentist Licensure Examination.
A Doctor of Dental Medicine graduate should be able to:
- Provide quality oral health care;
- Provide proper patient education;
- Plan and deliver community service;
- Conduct basic and clinical researches;
- Apply business principles, entrepreneurship, practices, and processes;
- Practice life-long learning and continue to be a life-long learner
- Practice legal/ethical/moral principles and social accountability;
- Demonstrate nationalism, internationalism and dedication to service
- Utilize systems-based approach to healthcare
- Collaborate with interprofessional teams.